I have been asked by some friends at Microsoft Canada to post this article (and a few others). – Sean
Figuring out which software licensing options best suit your needs while being cost-effective can be confusing. Some businesses end up making their purchases through retail stores which means they miss out on volume licensing opportunities and others may unknowingly be using unlicensed software which means their business may be at risk. So let me help you make the best decision for your situation.
You may want to review this blog post that lays out licensing basics for any organization that needs to license software for more than 5 or less than 250 devices or users. It details the different ways you can buy a license and what choices are available for volume licensing, which can give you pricing advantages and provide flexible options for your business.
As technology evolves and more organizations move to online services such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, Windows Azure Platform, Windows Intune and others, it’s important to understand how to purchase, activate and use online service subscriptions to get the most out of your investment. Once purchased through a volume licensing agreement or the Microsoft Online Subscription Program, these services can be managed through web portals:
· Online Services Customer Portal (Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Intune)
· Dynamics CRM Online Customer Portal (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online)
· Windows Azure Customer Portal (Windows Azure Platform)
· Volume Licensing Service Center (other services)
- The SMB How to Buy Portal – receive clear purchasing and licensing information that is easy to understand in order to help facilitate quick decision making.
- Microsoft License Advisor (MLA) – Use MLA to research Microsoft Volume Licensing products, programs and pricing.
- Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) – Already have a volume License? Use the VLSC to get you easy access to all your licensing information in one location.
- Online Services – licensing information for off-premise options.
- Windows 7 Comparison: – Compare versions of Windows and find out which one is right for you.
- Office 2010 Comparison: – Find out which Office suite is right for you.
- Licensing FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions About Product Licensing.
Additional Resources You May Find Useful:
· TechNet Evaluation Center
Try some of our latest Microsoft products For free, Like System Center 2012 Pre-Release Products, and evaluate them before you buy.
· Springboard Series
Your destination for technical resources, free tools and expert guidance to ease the deployment and management of your Windows-based client infrastructure.
· AlignIT Manager Tech Talk Series
A monthly streamed video series with a range of topics for both infrastructure and development managers. Ask questions and participate real-time or watch the on-demand recording.
Trackback from your site.