I was bumbling around with Tasks today in anticipation of plotting out our new issue system and the idea of aggregated tasks is interesting (not finishing exploring if it is a fit yet however). On my site under tasks, I got the following however when looking to see all of my tasks in one place:
“Sorry, we’re having trouble refreshing your tasks. Contact your administrator if you continue to have problems”
It didn’t take long to find the problem as others have already reported on it:
So, I had a look and sure enough, we haven’t provisioned the service yet. No worries, but I wanted to find out more about it, so here’s a bit of background (very brief):
Was easy. I heeded this advice and checked beforehand (yep, all good): Important: The service account used for the Work Management Service Application needs Full Control permissions on the User Profile Service!
That’s it. Nothing to even manage about this service as far as I can tell.
Did it Work?
Nope. Not right away. I had a look in the timer jobs for a timer that might be related but alas, nothing fit the bill. But I think I’ll try to force an incremental search next as I believe that is how these get accumulated…
Nope, not working (yet) anyways. May need to be patient. Will check back in an hour as I have other stuff to do. Maybe there is a timer job after all I need to wait for…
Forget that, just had a thought. I wonder if there is a service in SharePoint to go along with it. Whatdya know? There is!
No immediate joy so I did another incremental search crawl. Nope, still nothing. Grrr…
Oh, look at that. A little time passed (and a people crawl, perhaps that was what I missed) and now I have this…
Incoming search terms:
- sharepoint 2013 Sorry were having trouble refreshing your tasks Contact your administrator if you continue to have problems
- SharePoint 2013 Work Managemt Job
- sorry we are having trouble refresing you tasks
- sorry we re having trouble refreshing your task sharepoint mysite 2013
- sorry were having trouble refreshing your tasks
- Sorry were having trouble refreshing your tasks Contact your administrator if you continue to have problems
- Sorry we’re having trouble refreshing your tasks sharepoint
- work management service
- work management service sharepoint 2013 timer job
Trackback from your site.